I don’t know about you, but I’m pumped for the Olympics! Tonight marks the opening ceremonies of the London Summer Olympic Games.
I’m excited for the swimming, track & field events, diving, gymnastics, soccer … even water polo! I love watching the Olympic Games!
To celebrate the Olympics, we thought we’d pass along a recipe that you might be able to use in your parties over the next couple weeks of the games. Use your food storage items to make this delicious recipe for your family and friends.
Olympic Rings Pizza
- 2 ½ – 3 cups of Saratoga Farms All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 ounce active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon Saratoga Farms Salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 15 ounces pizza sauce
- 4 cups Saratoga Farms Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 package sliced pepperoni
1. Combine 2 cups flour, yeast and salt in a bowl.
2. Add water and oil, beat until the mixture is smooth
3. Stir enough enough of the remaining flour to form a soft dough.
4. Knead on a floured surface for 6 minutes – or until smooth and elastic
5. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes
6. Roll the dough into a 16×11 in. rectangle and place in a greased pan. Press dough ½ inch up the sides of the pan.
7. Spread pizza sauce and sprinkle with cheese
8. Arrange pepperoni on top in 5 interlocking rings
9. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until crust is lightly browned
10. Let sit 10-12 minutes and serve.
Don’t forget! You can earn 200 ReadyRewards points by submitting a recipe using our products (must include image)! Just send your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org