The taste was good. A lot better than the c rations I had in Service. Great for the price and the bug out bag as it is good for 5+ years. The two serving size is right for the wife and me. Only takes... Show More. a few minutes to fix. I am getting the #10 can next. A little high in sodium.
- Benefits & Description
Benefits & Description10 Year Shelf-Life | Just Add Water | Two Servings
• Get the taste you're accustomed to The freeze-drying process retains the fresh, delicious flavor of these entrees so you will enjoy eating them. • Great for 72 hour kits Be prepared with your emergency food storage. Place a couple of these pouches in your 72 hour kits so you will have food covered for that rainy day. • Don’t waste your valuable time There is no cooking necessary! Just add water and enjoy. • Versatile and convenient The stand-up pouch doubles as cookware and a dish so there is little clean up. Relish in a delicious hot meal anytime anywhere with Mountain House™ freeze-dried food pouches. Extremely easy 1-2-3 preparation lets you enjoy a steaming hot meal without all the hassle of cooking. Just heat up some water, add the hot water directly to the pouch, let sit for a few minutes and your meal is ready.
High quality and taste are Mountain House™ staples. Freeze-Dried foods offer many advantages over dehydrated foods. To begin with they taste much better because through the freeze-drying process the foods retain their taste, texture, and shape of fresh frozen foods. In addition, freeze-drying locks in the freshness, vitamins, nutrients, color, and aroma of fresh frozen foods while providing the shelf-stable convenience of canned and dehydrated foods.
All the contents of a Mountain House pouch are freeze dried to allow for a 10 year shelf life. Mountain House has also tested the pouches 30 years after the manufacture date and they were still safe to eat and good.
- What's In-the-Box?
What's In-the-Box?Main Entrees (1 Pouch | 2.5 Servings):
(1) Pouch Mountain House Sweet & Sour Pork with Rice - Pouch
- Features & Specifications
Features & Functions
SKU: FD0028 Preservation Method: Freeze-Dried Net Weight of Contents: 6.1 oz (173g) Brand: Mountain House Packaging: Pouch Total Servings: 2.5 Total Calories: 700 Estimated Shelf Life: 10 Years Dimensions (LxWxH): 2.5" x 9.5" x 8" Allergen and Specialty: Shellfish Free, Tree-Nut Free Food Type: Main Entrees Storage Requirements: Click to Read Storage Requirements
Shelf Life StatementTo achieve maximum shelf life, store in an environment with a temperature of 60F or lower and humidity of 10 percent or less. Shelf life statements are based on manufacturer claims, industry standards and relevant studies from reliable sources. The Ready Store disclaims any liability or warranty as actual shelf life results may vary depending on individual storage conditions.
Serving Size: 1-1/4 Cup (69g) Dry Mix
- Nutrition & Ingredients
Nutrition & IngredientsINGREDIENTS: Sweet & Sour Pork: Cooked Pork (pork, salt, natural flavor), Pineapple in Light Syrup (sugar and citric acid), Green Peppers, Vinegar, Onions, Red Peppers, Brown Sugar, Sugar, Modified Corn Starch, and Contains 2% or less of Chicken Base (chicken including natural chicken juices, salt, chicken fat, maltodextrin, hydrolyzed corn gluten, dried whey, spice extractives and onion powder, turmeric), Worcestershire Sauce (distilled vinegar, molasses, corn syrup, salt, caramel color, garlic powder, sugar, spices, anchovies, tamarind, natural flavor), Soy Sauce (wheat, soybeans, salt, alcohol, vinegar, lactic acid), Corn Oil, Sesame/Soybean Oil, Seasoning (autolyzed yeast extract, safflower oil, natural flavor), Sea Salt, Garlic Powder, Spice, and Spice Extract. Rice: Enriched Precooked Rice (niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate, folic acid).
CONTAINS: Milk, Anchovy, Wheat, Soy.
Customer Reviews 4 item(s)
- Sweet and sour porkwith rice pouch
- The taste was good. A lot better than the c rations I had in Service. Great for the price and the bug out bag as it is good for 5+ years. The two serving size is right for the wife and me. Only takes a few minutes to fix.
I am getting the #10 can next. A little high in sodium.
- Pretty good
Value Quality Price
- Good for variation but the chicken dishes are better.
Price Value Quality
- just not right
Quality Price Value
Customers also viewed
Regular Price: $6.99
Sale Price: $6.95
Save: $0.04 (1%)
Regular Price: $7.99
Sale Price: $7.94
Save: $0.05 (1%)
Regular Price: $7.99
Sale Price: $7.22
Save: $0.77 (10%)
Regular Price: $41.99
Sale Price: $37.12
Save: $4.87 (12%)
Regular Price: $26.66
Sale Price: $21.38
Save: $5.28 (20%)
Regular Price: $10.45
Sale Price: $6.28
Save: $4.17 (40%)
Regular Price: $7.99
Sale Price: $7.54
Save: $0.45 (6%)
OVERALL PRODUCT RATING
There’s nothing better than a nice, fresh-tasting glass of milk to go along with those cookies. But did you know that you can get multiple uses out of that milk? You can use it for cleaning, first-aid, shaving and many other things. Powdered milks can also play a great role in helping you around the house... Read More(25 Comments)
In an emergency, you’ll want to make sure your family and friends are OK and let them know that you are safe. A family communication plan is essential in an emergency. Before a Disaster Out of Town Contact. Your family should pick a friend or extended family member who lives out of the state to contact. This... Read More(16 Comments)
In 1963, Oregon Freeze Dry began using a cutting-edge technology called freeze-drying to preserve food. The process, back then, was famous for creating astronaut ice cream and most people hadn’t seen the full potential of freeze-dried foods. Founders were excited about the prospects and set up shop in Albany, Oregon, because of low-cost energy and abundant... Read More(3 Comments)