Make Your Own Natural Deodorant
Making your own deodorant is a great way to save money and become more self-sufficient. Instead of paying a couple dollars for a stick of deodorant at the store, you can spend pennies and make your own at home that works just as well.
Follow the directions below for recipes on homemade deodorant in a stick or spray bottle. Hopefully, they keep you fresh and smelling clean!
Homemade Deodorant Recipe
• 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
• 1/2 Cup Baking Soda
• 1 ½ Tbl Beeswax Pellets
• 1/2 Cup Cornstarch
• A Double Boiler
• Empty Deodorant Tube
1. Add coconut oil and beeswax pellets into a small saucepan
2. Slowly melt the contents over very low heat.
3. While the contents are slowly melting, be sure that your old deodorant tube is empty and washed out.
3. Once the contents are melted, remove from heat and add baking soda and corn starch. Mix with spoon until smooth and creamy.
4. Add essential oils or scents as desired at this point and mix well.
5. Pour the mixture into the old deodorant tube and allow to settle and solidify.
No Heat Required Homemade Deodorant Recipe
• 6 Tbl Coconut Oil
• 1/4 Cup Baking Soda
• 1/4 Cup Cornstarch
• Glass Jar
1. Mix the baking soda and cornstarch together in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
2. Mash in coconut oil with a fork until it’s mixed well.
3. Add oils or scents as desired.
4. Store in a small glass jar or old deodorant tube if you prefer.
Spray-On Deodorant Recipe
• 1/2 cup Witch Hazel
• 1/4 cup Aloe Vera Gel
• 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1. Add all contents into a spray bottle and shake well before use.
Tips for Homemade Deodorant Use
Give it a few days. You’ve probably been using chemically-packed deodorants for years. Give it a few days for your body to adjust to the less-harsh homemade deodorant.
If it’s too itchy? If you have very sensitive skin, you may notice that the homemade deodorant is itchy at times. If that’s the case, ease up on the baking soda in your recipes. Instead, add a little more cornstarch to the equation. By adding less baking soda, the deodorant will become less cakey and won’t be as itchy.
What advice do you have? Comment below to give us your advice and how homemade deodorants have been for you.